Saturday, May 2, 2015

One Note to Rule Them All

     I have had minimal experience with OneNote and its applications for teachers. The videos on Microsoft's website were helpful in seeing the possibilities of its use. My husband uses it for his work, so I asked him what he things of OneNote. He explained it as making a notebook for different projects or classes. You can put all sorts of things into that notebook, just as they showed in the videos - website information, Word documents, Excel documents, free notewriting, images, videos, etc.

     I can see using this to keep track of class work and grades. At the elementary level, I do not have an online gradebook to keep a running record of student work. OneNote could ease the burden of assessment and student progress by helping me make forms/checklists/rubrics and grading students on the fly. Granted, I would have to prepare these files ahead of time, but I would only have to make them once.

     Overall, I think a program like OneNote could be very useful. Maybe once I'm finished with my Masters I will have some time to play around with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment